There is a really cool story in Luke 24 about 2 people taking a walk with Jesus. That walk that they took with our Lord was a literal walk but also reflects a spiritual journey that we all must take – He tells them everything they need to know about things that were unknown to them. What’s cool is that through their story we get to learn as well. If you attend Easter at Vertical we will take a journey down “The Road”.
I realize that a lot of people struggle with “the unknown” when it comes to attending new places. For those of you who are interested in attending our Easter Services but may be nervous because you have never been WE CAN’T WAIT TO HOST YOU! Here are a few commonly asked questions about Vertical Church:
- Why are there three different locations? Vertical is a multisite church, meaning we are one church that meets in different venues. Being multisite allows us to reach out to people in different geographical regions. If you live in one of our Vertical towns we are there because someone wanted to bring a Vertical Church to you!
- What Times are your services? Vertical Lumberton (at Lumberton HS) meets at 9 and 11 am. Vertical Bladen (at Bladen Community College) meets at 11 am. Vertical University/Pembroke (at Campus Ministry Center) meets at 6 pm
- What should I wear? Our culture is relaxed. Most people wear jeans and a t-shirt. But you can wear your Easter frock if it makes you happy. We don’t care what you wear as long as you have on clothes.
- What about my kids? Our children’s ministry, VKidz, is awesome and takes place during our worship service times at ALL Vertical locations (including Pembroke). The children who attend Vertical love the way our leaders teach them about Jesus and do it in a fun way. Your kids will love VKidz.
- Where will I go when I get to the church? Don’t worry about that – our VIP teams are waiting for you. Because every weekend is someone’s first weekend at Vertical our teams are ready and waiting to show you WHERE to go, HOW to use our safe children’s check-in at VKidz and will give you a gift before you leave to say thanks for coming.
- Will the Easter Message be on video? No. At times our communicators use video technology which helps us to be in multiple places at once. Though there are video elements the message in itself will be live at all Vertical Locations.
If you are nervous about attending ask someone to attend with you. Better yet, if you know someone who attends Vertical tell them you want to attend the Easter service with them. We can’t wait to see you – it’s going to be an awesome day at all of our Vertical Locations!