It’s good Friday – the day that we remember the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I hope that you will all take the time to remember and read the account of the events that took place that day:
READ IT HERE.
We are going to have an unbelievable resurrection celebration Sunday morning. That being said:
STOP!!! That excuse for why you can’t invite them, that’s not the Lord. The devil will never encourage you to invite people to church (grin). Most people are just waiting for someone to invite them. What better place for someone who hasn’t been to church in a long time to RE-EXPERIENCE Church on Easter than Vertical Church?
It’s a CRAZY Friday around – So many last second things happening to prepare us for this weekend!!!
- ONLY 2 days until the beginning of our new series, “Hole in my Soul”.
- ONLY 2 days until the launch of Vertical Bladen.
- Bladen set-up day is tomorrow to make sure we are totally ready for our new location…
- We have a mission team going to work with Hurricane Sandy recovery workers in NY on Saturday morning. Praying with and for them as they travel and that God will use them greatly to be a blessing to those in need!
I cannot believe that we get to do this! Invite your friends to both of our Vertical Locations Sunday – gonna be an off the chain day!!!
I CAN’T WAIT FOR OUR 2nd BIRTHDAY PARTY THIS SUNDAY!!!
It’s going to be a very special day… we have some great surprises… heard a rumor of some give aways… a very long awaited announcement and I can assure you THAT IF YOU AREN’T IN YOUR SEAT WHEN THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK HITS ZERO (0) you will miss a very special moment.
Plus, I can’t wait to bring to you Week 1 of a series that has been brewing in my heart for a while, “BIG C, little c”.
This will be a GREAT day to invite that person you’ve been praying for or talking to. Plus, tell them we’ll even give them cake! WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!
We have a really great weekend coming up at Vertical and I cannot wait to meet with you all!!! A couple of thoughts I HAD to share with you on this rainy Friday morning:
- In last week’s message, “The Application Trail” (you can listen to it HERE), we were challenged with the thought that it’s not about how much you know, or even how much you believe – It’s what you do with what you’ve learned that makes the difference. With that in mind…
- …some of you know that your NEXT step at Vertical is to join. You can only do that a few times per year – we do that through our VERGE class and it takes place THIS SUNDAY NITE at Candy Sue’s Downtown. Cost is FREE but you must register HERE.
- For some of you your NEXT step at Vertical is baptism. We are baptizing next Sunday, January 20th – you can sign up to be baptized HERE.
- Have you memorized your memory verse this week? Psalm 25:4: “Make me to know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths.” Know it by Sunday.
- For those of you who are new at Vertical, don’t forget, “NEXT MEET & GREET” is this Sunday morning at 9:20 in Theater 1. This is your opportunity to learn more about Vertical and your next step with us.
- I know some of you must be wondering how you can be part of Steel City Church. You don’t have to move to Pittsburgh to be an important part of what will happen there. For those of you interested in how you can be a part you should check out their first interest meeting this Sunday night at 6:30. More info about that HERE.
- Just want to encourage all of you who made good on your decision to start the year right last Sunday in church. You honestly blew me away – I thought the rain would keep some of you away. Let me encourage you to make a decision today to string 2 Sunday’s together – a 2 week win will be a great way to start your 2nd full week of the new year. Reminder: statistics say it takes about 7 weeks to begin a new habit – it only takes 2 weeks to totally break it.
- I saw multiple people around town this week who needed some encouragement to get back in church. Let me tell you, YOU CAN HELP PEOPLE! Think of one person you know of who has gotten sparse with their attendance or may be heading towards another direction – got that person in your mind? Encourage them to be there Sunday – this series is a GREAT ONE for people to get their fire for God back.
Lastly, I cannot wait to share the 2nd Path that God uses to increase our faith in him – “The Discipline Trail”. Don’t be late!
My Current Selection
Friday morning, beautiful day, weekend is in front of us, God is alive and cup of java in hand – my A.D.D is kickin’!!! Here’s a quick update as we roll towards Sunday, June 10th at Vertical Church:
- This weekend is Week 4 of “Man vs Woman”. This has been such an incredible series in the life of our church. I have been so blessed and encouraged by the testimony of single attendees at VC and how good they have felt the series has been even for them. Don’t tell me you can’t teach about relationships in a young congregation! BTW… that’s the problem with relationships in the church today (divorce rate around 55%), we haven’t taught young people how to have relationships that honor God and one another.
- This weekend’s message is for “All the Single Ladies”. Guys, ever wanna get to where you can understand women better? This weekend we’re gonna let you listen in as we speak directly to them – you don’t wanna miss this, you will ALL be glad you checked this out!
- By the way…. this weekend’s music is going to be AMAZING!!! Hint: DO.NOT.MISS.THE.OPENING.SONG. Be in your seat – it will be… “Stronger” than a normal opener.
- Tomorrow is our Baby Dedication service at Holiday Inn, Lumberton. I am looking very forward to sharing this service with our young families, encouraging them in their journey of raising up children who love Jesus and partnering with them in doing so.
- Be honest: When you hear someone predict the end of the world (“the world is gonna end on [insert date]“), does it freak you out just a little? On June 24th we are beginning a new series titled, “The End is Near” as we look to what the Bible says about the end of the world, when it will happen, and how Jesus will come to rule and reign on the earth. I CANNOT WAIT!
I love you all!!! Gonna be an incredible weekend – cannot wait to be with you.