The last time that Vertical Church did a “Night of Worship” was November 12. 2011. It was a powerful night of music, vision, and sensing that God was in our midst. It’s been too long.
Vertical Bladen at Bladen Community College
The thing that I love best about a “Night of Worship” is the opportunity to unhurriedly spend time praising God through singing, having time to pray and to celebrate and remember the sacrifice that Jesus Himself provided by participating in communion together.
This Sunday night at 6:30 is our next “Night of Worship”. We are having it at the Bladen Location but this is not a Vertical Bladen NOW, this is a Vertical church-wide event. Having NOW at the Lumberton location is not an option due to movies showing in the evenings.
This is going to be an INCREDIBLE evening of worship. If you love the music of Vertical Worship and think, “I wish we had more music…” this is the night for you. The elements going along with the music are going to take it over the top!
Here are all the details:
Where: Vertical Bladen Location at Bladen Community College
When: June 2nd, 6:30 pm
Who: Everyone is invited!!
Lumberton peeps – don’t miss this because it’s not in Ltown (it’s under 20 mins) – you WILL regret it if you do – this is gonna be an evening we’ll remember for a long time!
You ever notice how Mother’s Day at church is always the same? Churches love to give prizes to:
- Oldest mom present.
- Mom with the most kids
- Newest mom
- Mom with the hottest wig (Not really)
You know Vertical Church is gonna flip things, right?!?
Get out your phone or your cameras because this Sunday, Mother’s Day, at Vertical Church 3 mom’s are gonna get paid. We are looking for the mom who can capture the best CRAZY pic:
- Most kidz in a car (be creative – hint: It doesn’t have to be JUST your kidz)
- Messiest playroom (We know that some Vertical kidz can straight tear UP a playroom)
- The Craziest, Maddest, “mom-face” (Don’t be acting all churchy – some of y’all got “a look” that the kidz know you mean biznez!)
Here’s how you enter:
- Post it on the Vertical Church facebook page.
- You can twitpic your picture on twitter – tag us @lookvertical
- You can put it on Instagram – tag us lookvertical
- You can text the pic to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pics are due this Friday (May 10) by 6pm – so get them in!!!
The winner of each category will win a $100 Visa gift card. We will reveal the winners at Sunday’s Vertical Mother’s Day Service which, BY THE WAY, is gonna be awesome!!
So Once again, BE CREATIVE, have fun, post to your wall and let’s see who’s got what it takes to GET PAID!!!
On June 1st of 2009, Donnie Paschall (Vertical Executive Pastor) and I began a fast seeking God for direction concerning the discontent and stirring within our hearts. One of the overwhelming leadings that we both individually sensed during that time was that God was not only calling us to start a church (GULP!!!), He was calling us to start a church that would start churches. We felt that God wanted to use this future ministry to reach people throughout our region. We felt that this was about more than 1 building. I cannot believe that in 10 days we will be 1 Church in 2 Locations.
I am excited about this opportunity that we have to meet in Lumberton AND at Bladen Community College.
What kind of preparations have we been making to be ready for this paradigm shift within our ministry?
- We have been purchasing equipment, securing finances, designing signage…
- We have been planning campaigns, making preparations…
- We have been thinking through systems and making sure that we understand what makes Vertical, “vertical”.
- Last night we had 2 bands rehearsing at our rehearsal space. 2 locations means 2 excellent, Vertical Worship’s.
- We have been training and empowering leadership to lead Vertical Bladen in a “vertical” way. We are making sure that our vertical dna be the same in Bladen leaders that it is in Lumberton leaders.
- We are striving to be as ready as we can be. Will there be challenges? Absolutely! But we will deal with them as they come. This is about 96 thousand people – people who don’t attend anyone’s church.
One of the things I am most excited about is our Bladen Location Pastor, Joey Autry. I BELIEVE IN THIS DUDE!!!! HE FIRES ME UP!!! I know that God brought Joey into our ministry from this reason. The moment discussion began about him joining our team we recognized that God was probably bringing him to Vertical to TAKE VERTICAL BACK to Bladen County. He is equipped, prepared and ready to help people in Bladen County who don’t like church meet God!
This weekend, as we close our series, “BIG C, little c”, I will talk more about how we will be 1 church in 2 locations.
DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!
Dinner on Friday night and one of the best investments in your marriage you can ever make! Registration is open to anyone and is limited to the first 150.
Cinema Four Theater in Lumberton
For the record, Vertical Church will be back at Cinema Four Theater this Sunday morning. We had a great Sunday at Bladen Community College last weekend and look very forward to beginning our SECOND LOCATION there on February 3rd but this weekend, (sing it out) HEYAYAYAYAY, HEYAYAYAY, Back in Black!
So, just an update as to what you need to know about Sunday:
FIRST, Week two of “Forgotten Words”, we’re going to look at the word purity in a way that is beyond being good and moralistic. I want you to have a vision for what TRUE PURITY is and why it’s a blessing, not a jail.
SECOND, we have a powerful service planned for you. If you are anything like me I look so forward to that time we spend worshiping JESUS through song. So very thankful for our incredible Vertical Worship leaders and band.
LAST, this Sunday morning at 9:20 is “NEXT Meet & Greet”. If you are new around Vertical Church we would love you to attend this quick, get to know you session. You will meet some of our leaders, eat a little something, gather some information, and determine what’s NEXT for you at Vertical Church.
Can’t wait to worship with you all!