I really missed my family at Hyde Park this morning. Keyna and I left yesterday, made our way up to the triangle for an evening alone – a meal, movie and a motel (just couldn’t resist going with another "m" – we actually stayed at Hampton Inn in Clayton). This morning we worshiped at C3 Church (Cleveland Community Church – isn’t that cool? They actually go by the name C3) in Clayton. C3 is one of the 100 fastest growing churches in America. I saw why this morning. The atmosphere was electric; The music was passionate; I saw some great ideas of things Hyde Park can do to enhance our weekly service. We can have the same impact that they have had in Clayton (which is outside of Raliegh – next to Garner). We may be able to have an even greater impact because there is nothing like Hyde Park in our region.
Now, on to where i am right now…
Do you ever feel as if you just need to STOP!?! Just quit doing everything that occupies your mind and reflect? I find myself in that place this week. As 2006 is just hours from passing by and the prospect of a new year loom in the nearness, i wonder…
What will 2007 bring our way? We know that there are some major advances around the corner. Such as:
- Beginning the 1st weekend of March we will enhance our current worship schedule. We will add an additional Worship Service during the middle time slot. We’re calling it all "WORSHIP ON THE 1′s" So our worship service schedule will be: 8:21 – 9:51 – 11:11am.
- Because of the additional worship time we will be able to ADD additional Small Group meeting times at 11:11am and possibly even at 8:21 am. People who attend Small groups at either of these times will attend worship at 9:51 am
- All adults who attend Small Groups/SS at 9:45 WILL CONTINUE TO ATTEND AT THOSE TIMES unless they choose to attend one of the groups that meet at the alternate times. In other words, this only affects those who want to be affected by it.
- This change allows us to better utilize our classrooms – rather than build more education space let’s use what we have to its fullest potential.
- Pastor Harrell will be talking about this exciting addition during the 6 pm evening service on January 7th.
This is what i’ve been pondering on, thinking about, trying to work out because I want it to be AWESOME – we want to do whatever is necessary to reach AND connect people because people matter to Jesus! Truth is, there are hundreds of people who just attend Hyde Park but have never gotten hooked up with others. In 2007, this has gotta change because if they don’t get connected THEY WILL LEAVE.
WHERE WILL THEY GO IF THEY LEAVE HYDE PARK?
Where do I feel comfortable that they will be challenged to live a different, changed, transformed life that loves and serves others? (i’ll leave the answer to you)
Do i really believe that this region can be transformed by the transformational power of Jesus Christ? Yes, i do. And I believe that Hyde Park will be one of the driving forces behind this God sized move!
So, where am i at right now? I don’t know… i’ll spend the better part of the next few weeks figuring that out (40 Days of Prayer can’t hurt . Until then i wait – i’m in no hurry.
I can’t wait to see what God has in store…