Were you there? I hope that you didn’t miss it! Today, for the 1st time since 2003 we met in just 1 service and it was really cool!
For those of you who read but don’t attend hp, the reason we did one service is this weekend is traditionally a down weekend for us. Being a "younger church", many of our people travel home for Christmas and miss church this Sunday. So, rather than splitting a thin crowd 3 ways we decided to combine them for 1 service. We knew it would be crowded (it was) – We thought we’d have to put out chairs (we did) – but we were excited for the opportunity to bring everyone under one roof.
Pastor’s message was great – GIVE US VISION, PASTOR! I love to hear the humility come out in our pastor, to share the fact that he has no idea WHY God chose him (Dennis Harrell) to lead such a great work…i know the feeling. We’re thankful for what God has done, but to say that we "get it" would be a lie. When he shared the thought of planting churches…I was burning inside. I don’t just wanna "reach" this region, I want to revolutionize it, that the movement of JESUS would be the life-changing movement that we see in the book of Acts!
- I like the new stage set-up – You may have not even noticed it, but we changed up some of the set up for today. We have a lot of ideas for upcoming stage designs and new usage of lighting in our services. Matter of fact, by Easter you will see some great things happen with our stage and lighting!
- Music was bangin’ today! If you only knew how far our band has come… Our musicians are absolutely incredible! I have to admit, the room being that full was fun which brings up the point…
Why so many services? I want to remind all of you that we went to 3 services because of our BFG (Bible Fellowship Group) situation – there is NO WAY that we can do what we need to do with BFG’s if we don’t have multiple BFG times! You’ll just have to wait until next years Sunday after Christmas!
- Audio/Visual – Our AV crew is the best in our region and as cutting edge as it gets in these parts. If you think about it, thank Tim, Bernie, Mitchell, Jim, Lewis and Amy. And…if you’re looking for a place to serve that is hugely important (but don’t mind that it’s low on the recognition meter) we are always looking for people. Experience isn’t necessary (actually, sometimes it’s good not to have experience, that way WE can train you ). Matter of fact, I hope that 2008 brings video and iMag to hyde park!
- I’m still on vacation…BUT…being that we were in town I decided to be with you today and take a Sunday off sometime soon. Maybe I’ll go here or here or here.
- In February I’m gonna be going here (can’t wait!)
- Also, hopefully sometime this winter I’m gonna have the opportunity to hit the slopes (and don’t talk to Roger Taylor about me skiing – he tells flat-out lies about me skiing! )
- Because our worship experience was at 10am, for the first time since I became a Christian I actually BEAT the methodist to lunch! Amazing!
- Good thing ’cause i was pretty hungry!
- Gotta get our new music together for 2008 – be on the lookout for the new iMix in the next week or 2.
- New series "RENEW" begins NEXT SUNDAY – i’m working on a resource to apply the teachings; but in the meantime…
- Make plans to start 2008 right! Make a commitment to read scripture and pray daily – i’ll be suggesting some plans, but as of right now – Who will join me reading through the Gospel of John beginning Jan 1st?
Today was a really great day and continues to be great as I’ve had the opportunity to eat with friends and now tonite I’m hanging with my family and some friends at the house, playing some Wii. Tomorrow i’m looking forward to a relaxing day and then a couple of great parties tomorrow nite.
As my boy, Mike Bloomer would say, "living the dream!" That’s it – See you tomorrow!