…of things that are on my mind this morning! Have you had a good week? How about spiritually? Here's what I say personally about this week in reference to myself: It's Friday – thank Jesus that Sunday's Coming! Here are the things that are at the forefront of my mind on this Friday morning:
- Loving Lumberton Week – This week people have served in various ways through the city to be the hands and feet of Jesus but to be honest we've just begun. Tomorrow is truly the big day as we live out the gospel in a tangible way throughout this region and THERE IS STILL TIME for you to be part. What can you do? Swing a hammer? Carry boards? Paint? Be a runner on a job site? Can you rake? How about give away a hot dog, drink, a smile and an invite card? If you want to be part let me know. You can also show up at 8:30am tomorrow (saturday, 3/27) at the church – I'm sure they'll find something for you to do.
- Our speaker this Sunday is Rev. Mark Meadows. Mark is the Pastor at Antioch Baptist here in Lumberton. Mark is also Mikayla and Kynadie Meadows "PaPa Mark" (which would also make him our Brandon's (Minister of Middle School and Recreation) dad.
- For the record: the people who have spoken thus far (and including Pastor Mark) ARE NOT CANDIDATES for our open Pastor job. I've heard that some thought that – it's not true. The way that the process works is that when we finally have a candidate the Search Committee will let you know that "this" is the man. As we continue to fill our pulpit in the absence of a pastor we will continue to use people who are in secure ministry positions and are not looking for a Pastorate.
- NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT IS "FINAL WORDS" – 7PM. "Final Words" is a special Good Friday Service that will help all of us to focus on the sacrifice Jesus made for us. It will be a contemplative evening that will finish with a moving time of participating in the Lord's Supper. Do not miss this!
- It's hard to believe that Easter is NEXT SUNDAY!!! I am so pumped about preaching my 1st Easter Service ever! I am very excited about the message that the Lord has given me for next weekend – very evangelistic and should be a great message to bring that friend to that you've been praying for. Here's my promise: YOU get them to attend a hyde park easter service with you and I WILL present the gospel of Jesus in the clearest way I possibly can and TOGETHER we will pray that they will be saved.
- WHO ARE YOU INVITING TO EASTER SERVICES?!? Let me know so I can pray with you for God to open the necessary doors to their heart.
I love you all – thanks for the privilege to do life with you! See you tomorrow as we love on Lumberton!!!