I love my church!!
This will be a short post as this has been a long day. Great day, but long. I’m ready for my bed!
- We had a rainy day in Ltown. We’re not used to that around here. When you’re a portable church rain is not your friend.
- Do you know that in a year’s worth of services this is only our 2nd rainy Sunday (to the best of my knowledge). Thank You, Jesus, for the rain and thank You Jesus for 50 rainless Sundays.
- Seeing our people work THROUGH the weather made me so proud of them. Vertical VTeams (our service teams) are incredible and if you aren’t on one you should be! If you are interested in being part of a VTeam click here.
- Week 2 of “Overcome”. Donnie brought today’s message and answered the question, “Can I lose my salvation?”
- What a powerful message and service this morning.
- Baptism day at VC. We love seeing people share their journey from death to life with the world. So proud of everyone who followed the Lord in baptism this morning. Check out the pics here.
- Rhonda Lovin led a powerful, Jesus filled worship set this morning. “Forever Reign” continues to be a song that reaches deep down into my soul. “My heart will sing no other Name, Jesus – Jesus…” I LOVE to hear our church bring that. They led the Kim Walker/Jesus Culture arrangement of “How He Loves” which ironically is the 1st version I heard of this song 3 or 4 years ago. I loved the way Rhonda reminded us of the story behind the song as I had forgotten about that. They closed our service with an incredible version of “Revelation Song”. Our worship was strong and LIVE!
- Vertical Worship was Rhonda (Lead Worshiper), Allison, Justin, Bob (so great to have Bob Orr back on bass this morning) Robby and Mike. Jon was out of town (missed you buddy).
- I get the impression that Satan is angry. I felt a terrible spiritual battle going on this morning at VC. Everything from technical issues to an “odd” situation with a disturbed person, there was a lot of distraction today. We will certainly be ramping up the prayer efforts this week.
- By the way… JESUS IS GREATER THAN ANYTHING THE ENEMY CAN THROW OUR WAY! If we never sense a spiritual opposition we probably aren’t threatening the forces of evil.
- Tonite we had our 1st informational meeting about our upcoming Vertical Bladen Location. I am so pumped about what I see the Lord doing over there!
- Still trying to get over staying up all nite Friday with our Student Ministry at the Planet Fun lock-in. We had a ball but apparently, from how beat down I feel tonight, I am getting old.
I am so proud of the many of you who have taken your “NEXT” step with us at Vertical. For some, your step was to begin your journey through a new relationship with Jesus. You have followed Him in baptism (or are making plans to SOON!) and are learning what it means to serve Him one day at a time. I am so thankful you’ve chosen Jesus!
There are so many more of you who have been following Christ for a while but your fire had grown dim… and now, you’re ALIVE IN CHRIST anew, your feel so revived it’s as if you have entered a new relationship with Him. It is so hard to turn things around (think of turning something large, the momentum)
I want you to know that I believe in you all. I am praying with and for you. I know that if you will stay plugged into Jesus you will never go astray.
Let me encourage you today to let your new life lead (my words are in BOLD). Colossians 3:15-17 (ESV) says,
 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. (if you let Him, Jesus will give you peace inside)  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, (let God’s word live in you) teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, (encourage one another in your faith) singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs (worship Jesus in song outside of church), with thankfulness in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (remember who you represent)
I believe in you. Now you believe in Jesus and His power to give you strength.
ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN OR AROUND BLADEN COUNTY!!!
It’s hard to believe that before we know it Vertical Church will be meeting weekly in Bladen County. We cannot wait to bring what we do in Lumberton to our friends in Bladen. There are so many over there who “don’t do” church – we want to help those people meet Jesus. Are you interested in helping us do that? If so, join us for
VERTICAL BLADEN INTEREST MEETING
Woodmen of the World Building, Bladenboro
This Sunday evening (February 19) at 5:30pm
If you live in or near Bladen County and currently attend Vertical we hope you’ll attend whether you’re planning to be part of our Bladen location or not as we will be discussing how to reach the people you do life with – certainly you’re knowledge of the area can help us in that.