I’m back!!! Well kinda…
After a week of vacation in Pigeon Forge we were excited to be back at Vertical. I wasn’t preaching today (I won’t be for a few weeks as I spend some time preparing for our fall ministry) but just attending. It was so great to be back with our Vertical family. Here’s what I experienced this morning at Vertical Church:
- Today was week one of our new series, “Heart Attack”. Here’s the deal: your heart is constantly under attack. The condition of our spiritual hearts are always being tested. In this series we are going to help all of us to uncover the different conditions that hinder our heart. Today’s subject: Anger.
- Our Student Pastor Brandon Meadows (FUZE) did an awesome job bringing the word this morning. It seems that Brandon touched a nerve in a lot of people this morning. So many people have unresolved anger issues. If you don’t think you do and have never personally dealt with your anger I have to wonder if you are actually looking deep enough. We are all SO good at burying our pain.
- For those of you who were caught off guard with how good of a job Brandon did – you should know that he is no novice. Brandon preaches all the time to our teenagers which is why you should do whatever possible to GET YOUNG PEOPLE TO FUZE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS. Brandon and his team will give these young people what they need to hear in a way they need to hear it. It’s not student ministry as usual at Vertical Church FUZE.
- We are SO blessed with talented speakers/preachers at Vertical Church.
- Do not miss one week of this series. Next week’s subject: Guilt. Anybody ever deal with some guilt from your past?
- I had some incredible conversations this morning. I love the opportunity to hear what God is doing in people’s lives, pray for their needs and just be with them. God has blessed me so much! I praise Jesus for this!
- The band was incredible today (as usual). We had a triple Iron Maiden electric guitar attack this morning with Joey Hinson and Robby Gaddy on electrics and John Astle on acoustic. Andrew was kickin’ on drums, Christoph SOLID on bass. Our worship arts Pastor Jon Lloyd and Glenda Cable rounded out worship on vocals today.
- Great music today: You Deserve (Hillsong), Jon’s original song, “Because He Lives”. We rounded out the service with “Jesus Paid it All” (Kristian Stanfill).
- I can’t wait to share with you the things we have coming up for you beginning in August and after school returns. It’s going to be an outstandingly VERTICAL fall. Get ready!!!
See you online this week. I love you all.