It’s Thursday. Maybe you’ve had a tough week. As hard as you have attempted to let this week be different spiritually for whatever reason, it didn’t happen and you just don’t understand why. On Sunday you felt great, you were “All In” and today you kind of feel like a failure. Let me encourage you: Follow through is one of the hardest disciplines and it is so easy to get off course.
If satan can get Adam and Eve off course in the middle of Paradise he can certainly distract you on a Thursday.
You CAN get back on course today. The devil is a liar and telling you that you already got off-track so “you might as well quit”. Be victorious for in Christ you have already won the battle. Here’s some things that will help:
- Catch up on your Bible reading. You have only missed 4 days. Day One is here, Two here, Three here and Four here. You can find each days devotional questions on my website, http://mikepittman.org/
- Did you sign up to take the NEXT class this Sunday at 9:20 am? It’s time for you to quit just attending and take that next step whatever it may be. Respond in the comments below and say, “I’m coming to NEXT!”
- Do you have kidz? Make sure to join us for the “ALL IN SplashFest” at White Lake Water Park on Saturday, August 25th at 6:30 pm. This is going to be a great chance for you to meet others including our staff. I look forward to a little splashing with all of you!
- Who are you inviting to “ALL IN WEEKEND”? Sunday morning, August 26th is the day I would ask you all to be praying for. That person that you have prayed for, the one that you KNOW needs to experience Vertical – do whatever it takes to get them here on that Sunday morning as I am bringing a message that they need to hear.
- Do you want to learn to how to share your faith with others? VGroups are Vertical small groups that meet in homes all over our region. Our next VGroup semester is going to begin in September and we are starting it with a church-wide study that is going to help everyone of you learn to be confident in sharing what God has done in your life with others. If you’re anything like me you always need help in this area. Make plans to join us IMMEDIATELY after the service for a free meal and the opportunity to be part of a VGroup in your area.
- Would you like to H.O.S.T. a VGroup video study in your home? Here’s what it means to H.O.S.T.
H = Have a heart for Jesus and Vertical Church
O = Open up your home
S = Serve people in your home
T = Turn on a DVD player
If you think that you and 5-8 of your friends could do this study together 1 time per week contact our VGroups Pastor, Danny McLamb on facebook or email him at DannyMc@govertical.org
- If you were supposed to come to a VTeam Vision Night and missed it you CAN join us tonite at 7pm for our last one. Honestly, this has been an incredible week and I would love for you to experience this. Let me know in the comments below that you would like to attend so we can plan for your meal.
Don’t quit – start today!!! Your lunch hour is a GREAT time to read the scriptures. What a great way to get your heart ready for the 2nd half of your day!
By the way… below is the “In the Know” video that did not play in Sunday’s service. I love you all and am praying WITH and For you.