Blown away tonight after an unbelievable day at Vertical. God has been so good to us… to be privileged to be part of this just makes me speechless. Words do not describe how blessed I feel. Here's what's on my mind on this Sunday night:
- Week 3 of our series, "I Love the 80's" was pretty awesome from my point of view. This series is connecting with people in a major way.
- Every week our production team is knocking it out of the park. Whether it be Kelly Little's weekly ever changing stage design, Jon's "80's" roll in videos, Brandon's service planning, the bands take on some of our favorite 80's hits, the media team's excellence or the sound crew bringing a FAT, FULL SOUND… it has just been amazing.
- By the way… our cafe crew is killing it!!! Their designs and the extra touch is just amazing. Hallelujah! Their efforts make the difference in our environments.
- We had a HUGE crowd today. We had our biggest day in Upstreet. And in the worship auditorium we were totally packed out.
- 5 people professed their faith in Christ to Vertical Church today through baptism!!!! I absolutely LOVE baptism Sunday's. To hear the video testimonies… it just demonstrates to everyone in the house that God is at work. The baptism videos totally help me to preach.
- Today's message was titled, "Crosses". Through the visual of the cross we talked about whether everyone in the house had "nailed down" whether or not the had faith in Jesus.
- There is no reason for you not to know whether or not Jesus lives in you. You GOTTA nail that down!
- We had quite a number of people indicate this morning that they had walked from death to life receiving Jesus as Savior in the service.
- We had people saying to me, "Mike P: I'm a '10'!" Praise Jesus for that.
- Brandon Smith's "MuchLove" video was amazing! Love that dude and what Jesus is doing in his life. No doubt his story resonated with many (especially me).
- The band totally 80's brought the heat this morning opening with the 80's classic, 867-5309. As Justin said after the song, "Guess we all know Jenny's number, huh?". They went on to lead worship with 2 of my favs: "Your Love never Fails" by Jesus Culture and "Give me Faith" by Elevation Worship.
- We ended the day with a leaders meeting down at Vertical HQ. I shared some really, REALLY big news and dates about upcoming events and the remainder of our year. You know, I TRULY HAVE THE GREATEST LEADERSHIP TEAM. These people blow my mind – love them so much.
- Love my Pastors and staff as well. How did I receive such amazing favor that God would allow me the opportunity to lead them.
Many of you have asked about Grammie. As of writing time (10:27 pm on Sunday evening) she is still with us. She is at hospice house and I don't think it can be long now. Thank you so much for your kind words and your prayers. Regardless of the fact that we are not prepared to lose her we know and are persuaded that God's grace and mercy for us in our time of need is more than enough. Thank You, Jesus.