If you read me weekly you know that this is a common Sunday nite phrase for me: "Today was an amazing day at hyde park!". Why break the trend here? Today WAS an amazing day at hp. If you don't like reading that I have to wonder why you read me at all?
We had 3 slammin' services – a great message – super music… Do you love your Sunday's?!?
- I was diggin' the Spirit in all 3 services today! Great crowds all day.
- Brandon was our speaker this morning and did a really great job. Today was his 1st time preaching on a Sunday morning and really stepped up. Speaking is no new thing for Brandon as he usually speaks on Sunday nites for Crossover (our middle school ministry).
- "Temptation". 'Nuff said.
- I'm really proud of Brandon for stepping it up this week and working so hard to bring the message to us this morning.
- I'm also proud of my Pastor. I was reminded today (by watching him) how the grace and mercy of Jesus manifest itself in the life of His followers. Love him.
- I played drums in the hyde park band today! Can I just say how much I LOVE playing with them?!? I know that I usually stand before them and lead hyde park in song but the truth is it's different to play with them… unbelievable!
- I love the way that we are able to switch people out in our band – a lot of versatility happening onstage right now both musically AND vocally.
- Rhonda did a great job this morning leading worship. I also gotta give a shout out to Justin McQueen who is MAJORLY stepping up as a worship leader. His energy on the opener this morning totally set the tone for the whole day. I'm really proud of Justin and looking forward to mentoring him as a worship leader.
- Our music today: "Counting on God" (Desperation Band), "Mighty to Save" (Hillsong), "Hosanna" (Hillsong – RHONDA KILLED THIS – AWESOME!!!). We closed the service with an old Vineyard classic, "Surrender" (Justin killed this!).
- It was so good to see people "Surrendering" at the end of the 11.11. Why do most people think that the time at the end of the service is just for people to get saved?
- I was really proud of many of our leaders tonite… really, really proud.
Beginning tomorrow morning (Monday) I will be putting all of my technology on hold for a few days as I seek the Lord. With the exception of what I may HAVE TO DO at work with a computer I will not be online or available. With that in mind, if you call, text, email, facebook or tweet me from Monday through Wednesday you won't be hearing back – I'll see you online Thursday.