I know I say this almost every week but WE HAD AN INCREDIBLE DAY AT HYDE PARK!!! I have to tell you – we always plan to have amazing services where lives are changed by the amazing, life-transforming power of Jesus Christ. When I quit caring about this it will be time for me to hang it up.
- Week 2 of our series, "So You're Dead… Now What?" was off the chain! So many people have faulty views of the afterlife, death, heaven, etc. Turn on the tv – listen to them discuss the afterlife; it's CRAZY!!! The stats tell the truth: 91% of Americans say they believe in God, 87% believe in heaven; yet when asked, the number was fewer when you ask them about today's topic: Hell.
- Pastor said, "when talking about hell people will say, 'I can't believe that a good god would send anyone to hell'. Have you ever met a 'good judge? Can you believe that a 'good judge' would actually sentence someone to death by execution? A good judge matches up the crime and the punishment."
- "Too many Christians don't take hell seriously!"
- "People have NO CONCEPT of the length that God went to that people WOULDN'T go to hell!"
- In reference to Luke 16:19-31, Pastor said, "The rich man didn't go to hell because he was rich – he went there because of a choice he made (or didn't make) in his life. On the other hand, the poor man, Lazarus, didn't go to heaven because he was poor but because of a choice that he made in his life. 2 different choices – 2 different destinations".
- The video that we used to set up Pastor's message was powerful. One note about it: it was hard to read because of the way it was made (one of those things that you just miss until it's too late – like on Sunday morning). Anyway, if you have a couple minutes I suggest that you watch it again (and pass it on). You can see it here.
- We had the priviledge of seeing 5 baptized today in our 11.11 service – THANK YOU JESUS for drawing people to Yourself and for Your salvation.
- In other things today, such as music, our band, singers and choir were on fire! Always a priviledge to stand onstage and lead people into the presence of Jesus with them. An even greater priviledge: to worship the King of kings with them, knowing how unworthy we are to come into His presence. Thank You, Lord, for Your grace and mercy.
- Today's set was even more uptempo than usual. We were offsetting the heaviness of the issue with an uptempo, encouraging worship set that focused on God's goodness and His delieverance. The line-up was: Mighty To Save (Hillsong), My Savior Lives (New Life Worship / Desperation Band), Open the Eyes of My Heart (Paul Baloche) and Today is the Day (Lincoln Brewster)
- Enjoyed meeting new people today at hyde park! Enjoyed fellowshiping with others as well.
- As I close I just HAVE TO SAY that I am totally pumped about some things that look like they will go down this summer at hyde park – this is going to be an EXPLOSIVE summer at hp.
As I said, an amazing day – so thankful for the opportunity to share it with all of you! See you this week online and around hp!