It's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas, isn't it? The Christmas Spirit was in full-effect at hyde park today – hope that you were with us.
- I thought that our services went really well today – I myself felt a little "off" – don't really know what it was (and that's not "code" for anything – I don't know what was wrong with me today). All I can say is that I am so thankful for the people that God has put around me
- Way to go Amy!!! Amy Odum was on MediaShout this morning and rocked the house in Bernie's absence – proud of you girl.
- How awesome is it to have the technology that we were able to speak with our mission team in Senegal, West Africa?? In all 3 services our congregation had the ability to hear them talk about the mission that they are living in.
- Continue to pray with the team for their last day in Senegal.
- Had the opportunity to eat lunch with the young couples Bible Fellowship Group today. Love those guys – we have a great group starting there.
- …and speaking of groups – next GroupLink will be January 18th! If you're not connected make plans to take the step to get connected to hyde park in a deeper way.
- …and speaking of "deeper ways", our new series beginning in January is titled, "Rooted: growing a deeper faith". We've got more to tell you about that soon.
- Hope that you are planning to give to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering next Sunday. Our mission team is seeing Lottie Moon at work firsthand.
- Our Kingdom Kidz choir presented "The Flower of the Holy Night" tonite. So proud of them!!! I couldn't take my eyes off the little guy that kinda resembles me . We have a completely new generation coming up in the choir and they can really sing (especially to be so young).
- The thing that rocked my world in the kidz concert tonite was the cultural diversity on the stage. The musical had a Mexican/multicultural feel which was really cool (and different). However, when I looked up there it was like, "look at all the different nationalities on that stage!". So proud to be a church that isn't made up of people who look just like me. We've come a long way, hyde park!
Can you believe next weekend is Christmas Services – I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Make sure that you invite your friends to be a part of "The Ultimate Gift" at all 3 services next weekend – may it be a highlight of our Christmas Season. Love ya'll.