One of my favorite moments of today was after the service, near the end of teardown, Robby Gaddy (Lead Guitar/Stage Manager) looks at me and exclaimed with excitement, "I still can't believe I get to do this every week!" This is an overwhelming thought for me every Sunday night.
I am so tired tonight after a very long and exciting day so I will be brief. Here are tonight's thoughts:
- Today was the last weekend of our Family Vacation Series. Donnie brought today's word, titled, "Family Killers". A powerful, powerful word.
- God has been wrecking our men with this series. I have felt like every week was a kick in the gut and that's not the best description of where our guys have been getting kicked (grin). The only time that I have seen God at work among men has been early in my ministry…
- I am so thankful for the way that God's word has penetrated our families. There is nothing more important than the word of God being planted and rooted into our families. Jesus changing lives one mom and dad, one child and one family at a time. This is how you change the fabric of a community.
- One of my favorite days of the month is baptism day and today was that day. I love baptism day's because everyone baptized at VC shares their testimony before hand via video. Not only does it allow people to make a proper profession of faith but it is evangelistic as people share verbally through their story how Jesus is changing their life. I have wanted to do this for years – so thankful to be able to live out a dream.
- I had the priviledge to be the drummer today. How great is it to play with such an amazing band. I am SO PROUD of the great job Vertical Worship does. Jon, Justin, Robby and Bob were the band today.
- I love the fact that weekly people attend Vertical for the first time. It is not unusual to see people crying before the service even starts – the presence of the Lord is in that place.
- Next week we begin a new series titled, "God and Country".
We are so thankful for this opportunity. I love you all.